Saturday, December 19, 2009

Faustina

I dropped off the kids at a Habitat for Humanity project a few streets off MLK drive. Lisa was there with her kids. I decided to drive further south, where MLK reverts back to Sutter, and check Granny and Granddad’s old street, Faustina. Faustina was in the paper the other day. It’s in an unincorporated area, maybe the worst in town. Like everybody always says, the house, the yard, and the driveway seem so much smaller. The squalor is irrelevant, except when I think of how many nice photos were taken in that front yard.

Aunt Vonnell always tells me how proud Granny would be of the things I’ve done. I think she’d be happy for me, certainly, but the proud part wouldn’t depend on any accomplishments. Mostly what I remember about her was how she accepted people. And let them be.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really "sweet"(as in nice not surfer slang) entry. Good job dad!

    ReplyDelete